We love Winter Gold Coast Weddings at Circle of Love. From the perfect weather to the ideal winter wedding styling. Winter weddings have so much to offer.
- Scott & Alana beautiful Gold Coast winter wedding
- Scott & Alana beautiful Gold Coast winter wedding – Take 2
- Luxury white wedding arch with black & white theme
During the colder months of winter, weddings become less popular but why when winter on the Gold Coast has so much to offer. Apart from a minor drop in temperature there’s little reason to avoid a winter wedding. Here we give you ten great reasons why you should get married in winter.
1. Less chance of rain.
One of the biggest fears brides face is rain on their wedding day. However, during winter in Australia, there is less chance of rain than there is during the popular wedding months.
2. Choice of venue.
There’s no need to wait 12 or even 18 months for your perfect venue to become available. Having a wedding in winter will allow you more flexibility to choose your ideal wedding venue.
3. Good lighting.
Winter provides perfect lighting for photographs and filming, which means you’ll walk away with some beautiful snap shots, minus the squinting and sunburn!
4. Venue and supplier discounts.
Winter is a notoriously slow period for wedding venues and suppliers so they are often more than happy to offer couples a great discount.
5. Flower staying power.
Flowers last longer in the colder weather which means your floral arrangements will maintain their form throughout the big day.
6. Perfect conditions for a lunchtime wedding.
Those perfect, fine, dry days are the perfect ingredients for hosting an outdoor lunchtime wedding ceremony and reception.
7. Boys don’t sweat it.
Your groom and groomsmen are more likely to be comfortable (and sweat-free) in their formal attire during the cooler months.
8. Avoid makeup meltdowns.
The high humidity in the summer months can often cause makeup to melt away before your very eyes. A cooler winter day will leave your face looking fresh and flawless for longer.
9. Ideal tropical honeymoon weather.
Avoid the cyclonic island weather and book your honeymoon on a tropical island in winter!
10. Your choice of dates.
Unlike summer when everyone is rushing to get married, winter opens up a whole lot more choices. Not only will suppliers have more availability in their winter schedule, but so too will your guests.
In general, while winter may be a tad tricky in other countries where snow and blizzards are inevitable, Australia is known for its mild wintery days. So benefit from the low off-season prices and greater options that come with a winter wedding.
Below is some of our gorgeous Winter Gold Coast Weddings in the past years.
- A beautiful winter morning for Tony & Christy’s wedding at Burleigh headland
- Chris & Bec’s gorgeous winter John Laws Park Wedding
- Christy & Tony’s winter gold coast wedding styling
- Chris & Bec’s luxury winter styling
- Chris & Bec’s kiss of a ball
- Winter beach wedding at Burleigh
- Shannon & Lisa’s winter afternoon wedding at Kurrawa beach
- Burleigh Beach weddings
- Perfect winter morning for this beautiful beach Gold Coast wedding
- Winter wedding colours
- RJ, Tina & James winter Wedding at Budds Beach
- RJ, Tina & James Wedding